Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To wear or not to wear

-
Wondering what to wear when you are pregnant?

I pondered hard and long when I was pregnant with my first child. And thinking of not spending too much on maternity clothing (since it's just gonna be that 9 months or so), I chose the following:

1. squeezing into my existing stretchable clothing or find ways to "prolong" the life of my existing clothing by adding elastic bands.

2. wearing bigger sized tees (my hubby's tees fit comfortably), tops, tent dresses and stretch pants that made me looked shapeless and basically, fat!

I don't look at all pregnant, especially during my transition from first to second trimester.

I looked bloated and fat. I wasn't offered a seat on the bus or MRT, nor was I given any extra space in front of my tummy in the supermarket when people pushed their trolleys.

And after I gave birth, I realised that I can't zap back to my former "self" in just an instance! The extra weight gained during my pregnancy chose to stubbornly remain for a good 6 to 9 months after.

I wasn't able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothing, and when I wore my "pregnant clothes" to tide through the "slimming down" period, I was actually asked if I had already given birth!

Then the bigger sized clothing did not make good nursing wear. I had to cover myself with blankets or baby sling to nurse when I was outside of the house, and even those couldn't cover the unsightly bulge of my tummy when the tops were pulled up.

When I was pregnant with my second child, I told myself that I would not want to make the same fashion mistake as when I was pregnant with my first boy.

So I sourced for good quality, comfortable fabrics and designed maternity wear that were not only stylish but easy to wear and maintain, and most importantly, lasts me through pregnancy to beyond.

I wanted to let others know that "Hey, I'm pregnant, not fat!" by being able to flaunt my baby bump beautifully with the clothes I wear.

And SimpleWonder was born...and so was my baby girl.

Choose maternity wear with the following tips:

Utmost Comfort
Soft fabrics that stretch and drape beautifully to fit and flatter your growing belly in every stage.

Simple and Fuss-Free
Good quality fabrics and classic versatile easy-to-wear pieces create an understated and undeniably stylish dress code.

Easy Maintenance
Last thing you want to do is to hand wash every single piece or send your maternity clothing to the dry-cleaners or do endless ironing.

Go that extra mile
Basic simple stylish key pieces that that complement your existing wardrobe which can take you through pregnancy, nursing and post-baby, for day or for night.

Visit us and view our SimpleWonder Apparels.

We know you will be able to find that perfect piece(s) for that wonderful journey of motherhood.

Other tips for a comfortable and stylish pregnancy:

Firmly Grounded
A good and comfortable pair of shoes with sturdy heels takes away the aches and pain on the legs and back as your belly grows.

Get Support
A soft and expandable maternity bra (preferably non-wired) banishes the nips and pinches and gives you the support you need as your ribs expand and cup size goes up.

Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize
Have fun trying out different looks, dressing up or down for your maternity wardrobe. Scarfs, shoes, bags and necklaces add a sparkle to accentuate a basic outfit.

Check out our Chain-Of-Beads necklaces and heather-sherry diaper bags (coming soon!) created specially for SimpleWonder.

Online Retail Therapy
Who wants to walk around the shopping mall with extra weight sitting on their bladder and making their backs ache? Make yourself comfortable in your own home at your own time, prop down in front of your computer, and start shopping! The best part of it? You can have the items delivered right to your door. Ahh...the wonders of modern technology.
-

No comments: